Sunday, October 5, 2014

#5 Chromebooks - On Startup.

Hi ya!


Well, when you turn off your Chromebook, then turn it back on, there’s a sign in feature.


You ask yourself “What’s that? I don’t want to sign in. How do I get rid of that button?”


Well, in this blog, we’re going to be talking about that.


The thing is, you can’t get rid of the sign in button. That’s one of Google’s security factors of keeping your account safe.
There is no way toturn it off. Period.
You can, however, not turn off your Chrome OS device. But I wouldn’t recommend  doing that.
And, when you sign in, you use the Google account email and password you used when you got your Chromebook.


“Well, that’s fine and dandy, but, I’m not turning off my Chromebook; just closing the lid and I still have to sign in. What’s the deal?”


Go to settings (chrome://settings) and under “Users”, there’s a checkbox that says “Require password to wake from sleep”. Make sure that’s not checked.


References:


For more information, see
Talk to live Chromebook users!

Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed it!


See an improvement on the blog? Post it in the comments!


Have any suggestions for me to blog about? Post it in the comments!


Best of Luck,

W.C. Blitzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment