Are you a long-time Windows user? Are you looking to acquire another PC or laptop?
Have you looked at Chromebooks and wondered if you should switch over to that brand of laptop?
Now the question is: To buy a Chromebook or not to buy a Chromebook.
Reasons to buy a Chromebook
- They’re safe. You don’t need any third-party software installed on them to “protect” them from malicious stuff.
- They boot in seconds. I’ve had my Chromebook over a year and it still boots in less than 10 seconds!
- Automatic updates. You don’t have to worry about spending hours downloading updates on your Windows device. Chrome OS spends less than two minutes (depending on your internet speed) updating!
- Casual user. If you’re a casual user like most of us--you check emails, get on Facebook or Twitter, play a few games, etc--then a Chromebook is for you!
I can list even more off, but hopefully, you get the point.
Reasons not to buy a Chromebook
- Die hard Windows user. If you've used Windows all your life, then switching over may not be for the faint of heart.
- Business reasons. If your workplace requires software to be installed on your Chromebook, then a Chromebook is not for you.
- Heavy gamer. If you play games that take a lot of resources, then a Chromebook may not be for you.
- School needs. Same as the Business reasons one above. If you need to install software on your device, or the school just requires all people to use Windows, then, again, a Chromebook is probably not best.
Yet again, I can list even more off. But most likely, you get what I’m trying to say.
Basically, it comes down to the user. If you need to use Windows for whatever reason, then get a Windows machine.
If you want a device just to check your email and do basic stuff, then a Chromebook is probably a choice for you!
For more information, check Google’s help center!
Talk to Chromebook users just like you!
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed reading this blog post, please share it on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc. That’ll help me out a lot!
See an improvement? Tell me in the comment section!
Is there something you want me to blog about? Post that in the comment section as well!
Best of Luck,